Understanding Arthritis has proven to be quite difficult despite it being more common than we would like. The “Arthritis” term is not even considered a specific disease. Arthritis is used to describe joint disease or joint pain continued conditions. There are approximately 50 million American adults throughout the country that have different kinds of arthritis, of which, there are over 100 different kinds of arthritis. Arthritis is more frequent in women and increasingly more common with age in both men and women. It is also the leading cause of disability in the USA.
The leading form of arthritis is called osteoarthritis, which is a degenerative joint disease. Specifically, Osteoarthritis is when the cartilage suffers degeneration. With the loss of cartilage, bones start creating friction and subsequently, pain. Unfortunately, there is no cure for osteoarthritis, but there is treatment and multiple options for joint pain management.
Factors that increase the chances of osteoarthritis are being overweight, age, family history and even previous injury. Managing osteoarthritis involves There are several elements of osteoarthritis self-management, which include controlling one’s daily routine, getting exercise and committing to the right medical treatments.
- Do light exercises and stretch before you go to bed in order to reduce morning body stiffness.
- Do not stay in the same position. Every 30 minutes make it a habit to walk or stretch.
- Try to vary movements and excessively repeating the same exact movement.
- Avoid smoking since it damages connective tissue. Also, try to lose weight and stay in shape.
- Do not do too much exercise, gradually increase your pace in order to avoid injury.
- Even with pain from osteoarthritis, it is important to move since this is imperative to reducing pain.
- Build muscles around your joints so that the muscles and joints divide the weight better.
- Aerobic exercise is an ally in controlling one’s weight and establishing a good mood.
- Medical options involve, medicine for pain, such as NSAIDS and other medicine your doctor can prescribe.
- Physical Therapy is a way to learn how to move and avoid pain and possibly avoid the need for surgery.
- The last kind of treatment for osteoarthritis is surgery which may involve minimally repair, fusions, and replacements of joints.
Osteo Relief Institute is located at the northwest corner of Highway 34 and Allarie Road, in front of the Bel-Aire Golf Course in Wall, New Jersey (Crunchbase). Osteo Relief Institute has a team of doctors and professionals with treatment that will diminish your knee pain.
Osteo Relief Institute is in a great location since it is not far from the beaches. In the warmer months, it is a great place for senior citizens to enjoy nature while improving their joint conditions and reducing pain. Osteo Relief Institute is dedicated to making patients recover and get back to their lives with lesser or even no joint pain at all.