against Barcelona. During his club career, Cristiano Ronaldo scored more goals against Barcelona than any other opponent (14).
Cristiano Ronaldo scored two penalty kicks to bring his Champions League goal to 134 points. Juventus beat the frightened Barcelona and achieved first place in Group G.
Ronaldo sent Marc-Andre ter Stegen to the wrong side after being shot by Uruguayan defender Ronald Araujo.
Juve doubled their lead by beating Weston McKenney on the bike before Ronaldo added his second point after Clement Langlet.
We weren’t aggressive, said Barky’s boss, Ronald Coeman.
It looks like we didn’t come out a loser, but wanted to control the game. We weren’t good, we weren’t even in position.
We looked scared.
It was Barcelona’s first defeat in a group match since 2016.
They started the day with a three-point lead over Juve, but finished in second place and will be unlocked on Monday when they pull their last 16 games.
Barcelona strikers Lionel Messi and Ronaldo, considered the two greatest players of their generation, met for the first time since May 2018.
While Ronaldo scored two points, Messi was disappointed by 42-year-old goalkeeper Zhuva Gianluigi Buffon, who saved well.
Juventus finished at the top of Group G thanks to their superior record against Barcelona.
Ronaldo takes the lead against Messi
It was the 36th. Messi and Ronaldo’s great rivals on the international, European and national stage.
Together they won the Champions League nine times and scored 252 goals.
But it was on Ronaldo’s evening that the Portuguese scored their first Champions League goal against Barcelona with Messi on the pitch.
Twelve years after his first match, Ronaldo, the top scorer in the history of the Champions League, has become the best of his archrivals.
Lionel Messi scored all seven goals of Barcelona in the match.
At the beginning of the 2020-21 season, Messi was the first player to score a goal in 16 consecutive Champions League campaigns.
Massey had seven shots on goal but could not get past Buffon when Antoine Grizman shot over the crossbar.
Grizman said the defeat wasn’t caused by Coeman.
Who but the players is to blame? He said we were the ones going to play outside.
We missed everything – the desire, the relationship, the will to run. It was bad.
At 35, Ronaldo may not have much chance to cross swords with Messi.
As for the mutual victories, he is still away on the Messi 16-11, but for the former Juventus of Turin it was a night where he could have a delicious meal.
|Stranded teams (group winners)||Teams that didn’t participate in the races (in the group of riders).|
|Bavaria Munich||Postage costs|
|the city of Manchester||Seville|
- 1st bar
- 4Replaced by Minguezaat 82’minutes
- 15LengletBooking at 30minChanging for 55’minutesUmtitiat 55’minutesBooking at 60min
- 18AlbaBooking at 27 minutesExchange by Firpoat 55’minutesBooking at 78 minutes
- 21st boy
- 17Machado TrincãoSubstitute for Braithwaitean 45’minutes
- 16GonzalesReplacement by Puigat 65’minutes
- 13Murara Neto
- 19 Fernandez Siqueira
- 29De la Fuente
- 13DaniloReserved at 69min
- 4th class
- 16Ju CradleReplaced by Bernardeschiat 85’minutes
- 5ArthurReplace with Bentancourt 71 min.
- 8RamseyReserved at 28minTransfer againstRabiotat 71’minutes
- 12Lobo Silva
- 9MorataReserved at 53minTransfer against Dybalate 85’minutes
- 7Cristiano RonaldoExchange for Chrysate 90+2 minutes
- 31 Pinzoglio
- 34Da Graca
- 38F Work
- End of the game, Barcelona 0, Juventus 3.
- The second half is over, Barcelona 0, Juventus 3.
- Replacement, Juventus. Federico Chiesa replaces Cristiana Ronalda.
- Oscar Minges (Barcelona) will be punished after committing an offence.
- Alex Sandro (Juventus) successfully converted the free kick on the left flank.
- Attempted rescue. In the lower left corner you’ll see the shot from Lionel Messi (Barcelona) on the left leg outside the penalty area. Supported by Antoine Grizman.
- I missed a shot. Antoine Grizman from Barcelona shot high outside the penalty area and far to the left with his left foot. With the support of Sergiño Desta.
- Offside, Barcelona. Martin Braithwaite tries to pass the ball, but Antoine Grizman is sidelined.
- Replacement, Juventus. Paulo Dybal replaces Alvaro Morat.
- Replacement, Juventus. Federico Bernardezky replaces Juan Cuadrado.
- I missed a shot. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) shot from close range on the left leg from outside the boxing area, but missed his shot on the left side. With the help of Miralem the drunk.
- The attempt is blocked. Shots from Lionel Messi (Barcelona) on his left foot outside the boxing area. With the help of Ricky Puig.
- Relief, Barcelona. Oscar Mingeza replaces Ronald Araujo.
- I missed a shot. Barcelona’s Miralem Pjanic shot from outside the penalty area, high and far right, on the right leg. With the help of Ricky Puig.
- Ronald Araujo (Barcelona) wins in midfield with a penalty.
- Adrian Rabiot (Juventus) will be punished after committing an offence.
- The yellow card indicates the Junior Firpo (Barcelona).
- Ricky Puig (Barcelona) will be punished after committing an offence.
- Rodrigo Bentancourt (Juventus) wins a penalty on the right wing.
- Attempted rescue. In the top left corner you’ll see the shot from Lionel Messi (Barcelona) on the left leg outside the penalty area.