LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – Although outdoor restaurants will reopen Friday, Los Angeles County is suing two restaurants for allegedly ignoring the ban on eating outdoors imposed in late November to combat the spread of the coronavirus.

Customers dine at Cronies Sports Grill in Agoura Hills, California on the 7th. December 2020. (CBSLA)

A lawsuit filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court challenges construction of the Cronies Sports Grill on Kanan Road in Agoura Hills and the Tinhorn Flats Saloon & Grill on Magnolia Boulevard in Burbank.

The suit seeks an injunction requiring both restaurants to bring their facilities into compliance with medical regulations and to allow inspectors to enter the restaurant to enforce those regulations.

The lawsuit also demands civil fines against the companies for each day they fail to comply with the health care guidelines.

The district’s communications office explained in a statement why the lawsuit was filed two days before the lunch ban was lifted.

The complaint asks the court to order the defendants to comply with the health care provider’s orders to protect the health of the residents of our county during this catastrophic public health emergency, the complaint states. We do not take this action lightly. However, as alleged in the complaint, Defendants’ actions constitute a public nuisance and must be restrained.

Both companies have repeatedly received reminders, written orders, subpoenas and summonses to do the right thing and voluntarily comply with health care worker requirements, the statement said.

The Cronies Sports Grill in Agoura Hills was mentioned 13 times in December alone. The owner openly opposed the state’s closure.

Thousands of other businesses have mobilized to protect public health during this unprecedented emergency, the province said in a news release.

We are grateful to them for doing what it takes to help our country through this unprecedented and dangerous time, the statement said.

Customers dine at Cronies Sports Grill in Agoura Hills, California on the 7th. December 2020. (CBSLA)

In December, the ban on eating out of doors was lifted by a regional takeout ordinance that went into effect for all of Southern California, allowing restaurants throughout the region to deliver and takeout only.

On the second. In December, health inspectors saw 18 to 22 customers eating and drinking on Cronis’ outdoor patio and determined that the closure notice, which had been posted on the front door the day before, was no longer visible outside because a sign had covered it, the lawsuit says.

A protest then took place after inspectors from the Los Angeles County Health Department warned Cronies not to serve customers outside.

The 15th. Dec. A health inspector saw more than 25 customers sitting on the terrace of a Tin Horn apartment, Suit.

No one answered the phone at Tinhorn Flats, and the woman who answered the phone at Cronies said the managers had nothing to say.

(© Copyright 2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All rights reserved. City News Service contributed to this report).

You May Also Like

Red Bull’s Max Verstappen quickest at end of preseason

14. March 2021 Lawrence Edmondson Close F1 Publisher – At ESPN since…

Trump’s Weissmann Pardons – WSJ

Andrew Weissmann in 2003. Photo: Jeff Mitchell/Reuters. Chairman Assets This week’s tidal…

How to Combat the Urge to Overspend on Summer Travel

When it comes to summer vacations, people tend to go a little…

Zidane criticises Real Madrid over lack of ‘trust’ and leaked messages

Real Madrid crashed out of the Copa Del Rey last night, losing…