Liverpool scored the first goal in the 42nd minute.
The replacement for Diogo Jot scored for the third game in a row when Liverpool came from behind to beat West Ham and take first place in the Premier League.
In a fascinating encounter the Hammers won early on thanks to the skill of Spanish midfielder Pablo Fornals’ goalkeeper, who cut the bar after a missed defensive pass under Joe Gomez.
That was the 15th goal Liverpool missed in seven games this season – as much as Chelsea missed on the way to the 2004-05 title.
Jurgen Klopp’s opponents were leveled just before half-time and a foul by Arthur Masuaku on Mohammed Salah allowed the Egyptian striker to level Liverpool’s first attempt to score from the penalty area.
But the Reds, who, in the absence of a wounded duo of Virgil van Dyck and Fabigno, made their competition debut for middle behind Nathaniel Phillips, had a hard time.
Jota, who received 41 million pounds from the Wolves in September, during the 85th week of the year. It was just minutes after a smart pass from teammate Sherdan Shakiri – a moment after she had already scored a goal for a foul.
It’s much better than I thought it would be, and it’s really impressive, Klopp said after Jotha’s latest fragrance.
It’s an exceptional talent. He has speed, physical stamina, technique and he’s a shoe.
The victory was equal to the club’s record of 63 games in the Enfield League, which was won by Bob Paisley from February 1978 to December 1981.
Jay is a lot better than I thought..
Liverpool returned to the top of the Premier League for the first time since the end of last season, but was far from the best.
Everton’s neighbours will get their three points back if they win on Sunday (14:00 GMT) in Newcastle.
The question marks remain in the Liverpool defence, which has now missed 27 games in 14 since Klopp confirmed the Premier League title in June.
Phillips, whose father Jimmy played for Bolton in the final of the 1995 League Cup against Liverpool, has at least ensured a presence from the air, the 23-year-old has made several runs in a team show.
Phillips is a monster in the air – Klopp is impressed with his debut.
It was the fault of his more experienced partner Gomez that West Ham scored the goal, with the English midfielder leading Masuaku’s cross straight into the path of the Fornals and bringing David Moyes’ side to the top.
Salah levelled Liverpool’s first goal after hitting the goal in midfield before Jotha lifted the board from the bank.
The ball was fired by the Portuguese striker, but was left behind by a Sadio Manet error on Angelo Augustbonne after referee Kevin Friend saw the repeat on the pitching monitor.
Jot, however, could not be denied when he turned to the former guard Lukasz Fabianski in front of an empty policeman after a delightful Shakiri pass that divided the West Ham defense.
Gootsie West Ham only misses.
After spending last week in Manchester City, it was another bold performance by West Ham that attacked in large numbers and really frightened Liverpool.
They came to Enfield unbeaten in the previous four games against the teams that finished the first seven games of last season.
However, they lacked an important striker, Michael Antonio, who scored a big goal for the city before injuring his hamstring.
After being limited to 50 minutes of football in the Premier League this season, Sebastian Haller was rewarded for his first start of the season on the field Antonio.
However, it was the Fornales midfielder who reached the perfect finish to beat his team.
After Salah’s equalizer, the former Villarreal player was denied a second goal by Andrew Robertson, but in the end, West Ham was unbeaten by Jotha.
It’s a good sign that we’re disappointed we didn’t take anything back from Enfield, said Moyes after his defeat in the premier league of West Ham since the 19th century. September.
We have had very good opportunities to perhaps achieve a second objective. I wish it was more than a weird counterattack. We were a threat, we were well organized and disciplined in the work we had to do.
Moyes is disappointed with the punishment.
Masuaku is so disappointed with the jump that they say.
Juergen Klopp, director of Liverpool: It’s so hard with the number of games we have. When you see the determination and desire of the boys, the desire to play soccer, to fail, it is truly extraordinary.
The trick is to be patient, but also to keep them moving. It is a constant level of concentration, which must be maintained, which we have done – except perhaps for their objectives.
West Ham boss David Mois is sanctioned by Liverpool: That’s not the kind of football I want to be in.
I think our player stops and raises his hands because he is so disappointed that he dives.
I’m just disappointed they didn’t change their minds. Maybe the decision [Jota forbade the goal] followed us in the second half, but not in the first.
Top of the table, but defensive questions remain –Statistics
- Only Aston Villa 1897-98 (17) scored more goals in their first seven league games than Liverpool that season (15). Last season, the Reds played 23 games and allowed 15 goals in the Premier League.
- Since the first game of David Mois in West Ham in January, the Hammers have lost more points in the winning position than any other team in the Premier League (16).
- Liverpool missed the first goal in three of their four home games this season – as much as in 19 league games at Enfield last season.
- Pablo Fornells West Ham is the only visiting player to have scored two Premier League goals away to Liverpool since the start of last season, and he also scored a goal for the Hammers in that particular 2019-20 game.
- Liverpool is the second team in the history of the Premier League that, after Blackburn Rovers in November 2009, has conceded the first goal in three consecutive home games and won all three.
What happens then?
Liverpool travel to Italy on Tuesday (20.00 GMT) alongside Champions League Group D rivals Atalanta, while West Ham have a full week to prepare for the London derby with Fulham on Saturday 7. November (20.00 GMT) in London Stadium.
The actors of the game
Diogo Jotta Diogo Jotta
West Ham United
- Team number18 Player nameFornels
- Squad number41 player gameRead more
- Team number1 Player nameFabianski
- Team number28Player nameBitches
- Team number 5 Name of player Koufal
- Team number20 Player NameBowen
- Team number3 Player nameCresswell
- Team number21Player nameOgbonne
- Team number4 Name of playerBalbuen
- Team number26 Player nameMasuaku
- Squadron number7Player’s name Jarmolenko
- Team number9Player nameeBenrahm
- Team number10 Name of player Lanzini
- Team number22Player name Haller’s name
- 26 Robertson
- 17 JonesSubstituted by Shakirat 70 minutes.
- 14 Henderson
- 11 SalahExchange for 90-minute shake
- 9FirminoSubstituted forJotaat 70’minutes
- 10 Manet
- 18 Minamino
- 20 iota
- 46R Williams
- 76N Williams
- 26MasuakuLancet replacement 88’minutes
- 20BowenReplaced by Benrahmaat 89’minutes
- 41 Preservation of rice at 49min.
- 22 HallerReplacement by jarmolenkoat 74 minutes
- 7 Yarmolenko
- 11Nitrate grass
- Last match, Liverpool 2, West Ham United 1.
- The other half ends at Liverpool 2, West Ham United 1.
- Corner, West Ham United. Admission of Joseph Gomez.
- Attempted rescue. The header of Tomas Soucek of West Ham United was held up in the middle of the pitch. With the support of Manuel Lanzini.
- Nathaniel Phillips (Liverpool) is punished after he has committed an offence.
- Andrei Jarmolenko (West Ham United) successfully converted the free kick in the other half.
- Andrew Robertson (Liverpool) wins a penalty in the defensive half.
- Pablo Fornals West Ham United is punished after committing an offence.
- Relief, Liverpool. James Milner replaces Mohamed Salah.
- Alternative, West Ham United. Side Benrachm replaces Jarrod Bowen.
- Alternative, West Ham United. Manuel Lanzini replaces Arthur Masuaka.
- Mohamed Sala (Liverpool) wins a penalty on the right wing.
- Fabian Balbuena (West Ham United) is punished after committing an offence.
- Diogo Jot (Liverpool) will be punished after committing an offence.
- Vladimir Kufal (West Ham United) won in midfield of a penalty spot.
- Aim! Liverpool 2, West Ham United 1. Liverpool’s Diogo Jota’s right leg shot from the centre of the penalty area passes in front of goal. Xerdan Shakiri’s assistant with the bullet.
- VAR solution: Liverpool scored 1-1 for West Ham United.
- the target is knocked down with a boar: Diogo Jota (Liverpool) scores, but goal is disqualified after the VAR-test.
- Foul Sadio Manet (Liverpool).
- Angelo Augustbonne (West Ham United) won the game in midfield from a penalty spot.