AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE The Arsenal with its eyes on Kosson
Club Brugge midfielder Odilon Kossonu has become a transfer priority this summer, reports Zerkalo.
The 20-year-old star has had a huge impact on the Belgium squad, rising to the top of the league table. Brugge are currently 13 points behind their nearest rivals.
The Ivorian will cost the Gunners around £8.5 million, with associated surcharges, and is reportedly a player who would love to play in the Premier League.
Kossonu joined Brugge from Swedish club Hammarby after starting his career in Africa at Asek Mimozas.
Arsenal are not the only ones interested in him. Le Soleil reports that Inter Milan and the Wolves are also interested.
– ESPN FC airs daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– Notebook : Mourinho’s future, why Utd handed Upamekano…
United impressed with Everton’s Brantwaite
According to the Daily Mail, Manchester United are considering acquiring young Jarrad Brantwaite from Everton.
The teenage defender came over from Carlisle to Everton for £1million a year ago and has impressed during his time on loan at Blackburn Rovers.
– Barnwell’s best moves: 100-51 | 50-1
– Summer transfer
– Recent major transfer
Having impressed Toffees boss Carlo Ancelotti before his move to Ewood Park, Brantwaite are now attracting more fans with their first-class performances in the Rovers Championship.
The 18-year-old has made four Premier League appearances since making his debut for Wolves. Everton are delighted that his growth will see him get more game time, but it also means that more clubs will recognise his talent.
United are looking for an experienced midfielder for the summer, with Brantwaite potentially a long-term prospect.
Brobby available if RB Leipzig makes first move
Ajax’s impressive young striker Brian Brobbey has yet to sign a contract until the end of the season. AS reports that RB Leipzig are the first club interested in him.
Originating from the club’s legendary academic system, Brobby and Ajax appear to be lost for the future. Leipzig top the list of clubs, including Milan, Manchester United and Bayern Munich, who have all been linked with his services.
Brobey drew comparisons with Romelu Lukaku and Didier Drogba in terms of playing style. He is the fastest player in the Ajax team and, it seems, can jump higher than Cristiano Ronaldo.
He scored three goals, including the Europa League winner against Lille and an assist in the 145th minute. minutes for the Ajax first team, but his record as a young player is impressive : He scored 83 goals for the U19s, U17s and substitutes.
The report indicates that Leipzig have made contact with Ajax, but they are not the only ones. The striker is introduced by Mino Raiola.
– Marcos Alonso was due to leave Chelsea this summer, but after a certain resurgence under Thomas Tuchel, he is expected to sign a one-year extension at the club, according to The Sun. Alonso was sacked by his predecessor Frank Lampard and is said to have considered a move to another Premier League club or Italy, but he has played the last three games and would now prefer to stay.
– The City of Leicester are looking to strengthen Jamie Vardy, who is now 34, and the Mirror believes the Foxes are considering Brentford’s Ivan Toney as a possible long-term replacement. City manager Brendan Rodgers could sign Tony this summer. Tony scored 24 goals in 31 games, which generated a lot of interest. However, the 24-year-old has four years of his contract remaining, which could cost him dearly.