Manchester United won the top division this season with 15 points from the losing positions.
Manchester United organized another Premier League game in response to a defeat of the Champions League at St Germain de Paris in the midweek, defeating West Ham United to move up to fourth place in the standings.
Goals of Paul Pogba, Mason Greenwood and his assistant Marcus Rashford turned the tide in favour of Ole Gunnar Solskier, who fell behind in all five away games but won all the club’s matches, winning nine straight in the visitors’ championship.
After London, after the end of the national blockade on the 2nd. The Hammers, who were at level 2 in December, were the first team to welcome the fans to the Premier League after an absence of nine months.
The team of David Mois started much better and was rewarded for the first half of the year when the unknown Thomas Sousek came out of the corner after 38 minutes.
They should have added more before the break, but Pablo Fornells scored from pole and Sebastian Haller slipped at a crucial moment after a lap with goalkeeper Dean Henderson, who made his Premier League debut for the visitors.
After the elimination of Bruno Fernandez and Rashford from the starting line-up and an important Champions League meeting with RB Leipzig on Tuesday, the performance of Bruno Fernandez and Rashford coincided with a much better second half at the Solskier.
A fine pogba outside the penalty area ended after the VAR examined whether Henderson’s long-distance effort for Rashford had gone out of the game and then re-entered.
Rashford’s cool exit after Greenwood’s shot from Alex Telles’ cross allowed United to score three goals in 13 minutes as leaders Tottenham took two points.
Another two-and-a-half story for United
West Ham 1-3 Solskjaer Man Ltd. praise the outstanding goals in West Ham’s victory.
Playing badly and falling behind, but finding a way to win again on the way was nothing new for Manchester United in Solskier.
His team Champions League destiny will be decided halfway through a week-long trip to Leipzig, where a point must be scored to reach the round of 16, – Solski’s decision to leave Fernandez and Rashford on the bench, which was initially put on ice.
Henderson, Pogba, Donnie van de Beek and Greenwood all started with a fourfold 3-1 loss to PSG, but despite a fresh start United got off to a bad start.
They were lucky to hold more than 1-0 at the break, Henderson made his debut with two minutes of close play and Aaron Van Bissaka made a brilliant recovery, causing Jarrod Bowen to cut off the counter-attack.
All this will be known to Solskjar, whose team has now won the first division with 15 points of lost positions this season.
Rushford and Fernandez made a significant contribution to United’s offensive play and general confidence after the break, but it was a well-balanced Pogba whose remarkable first shot in the top corner restored the balance.
From then on United dominated, Greenwood scored for the first time in eight league games after a brilliant finish and a touch of the ball, while Rashford ended up scoring a goal that deserved his influence after securing his pole position earlier.
Winning the fourth league title in a row doesn’t tell the whole story of United, but Solskjär will simply be grateful for the impetus for the crucial week that the Manchester derby will also see on Saturday.
You have to be ready when you’re called. Bruno [Fernandez] and Marcus [Rushford] came and did well, Solskjaer told Sport.
The objectives were exceptional. It’s an excellent ending. We’re waiting for his season to start, but he’s getting better and better. The first goal was the high quality of Paul Pogba. I’m so happy for him.
We got away with a bad show. Far from home we have character and faith. Five setbacks and five victories is an exceptional case.
Hammers to which the VARjudgment applies
West Ham 1-3 Visitor Equalizer LLC is definitely out of the game in the setup according to Moyes.
Moyez is furious that Pogba’s equalizer is allowed because Henderson’s twisted ground clearance in the lower right corner allows Rashford to select a French midfielder.
The assistant referee checked that the ball was out of play, but the attempts were unconvincing and a goal was scored.
This decision was unfavorable for us and seemed to harm us. The bullet was over my head. I had a better picture because I was on the sensor line, Moyez said.
It was definitely behind the line – look at the reaction of the players – they knew it would come out. It was a game changer.
The former manager of Manchester United will also regret that his team, which dominated the first half, was able to gain a much bigger advantage.
With three shots each, Fornals and Bowen registered more attempts than the Manchester United players combined in this period, but only Souchek’s header from Declan Rice separated the teams.
Bowen was very good at home, he used to hit his marker a lot. The former Hull winger was suspended for offside play shortly after the restart, with Vladimir Kufal narrowly missing.
Fernal shot over the bar, while Haller lost with a gaping goal after Henderson’s bypass, as Hallers failed to take advantage of the chances that could have made the game safe before the break.
This would be the case for returning fans who, for the first time since the event’s 29th anniversary, could enjoy the event. The return to the league after February was well received when the first division victory took Moyes out of the lower division after two months of protests against the club’s management.
Despite that defeat, their team is undoubtedly in better shape now that West Ham is in seventh place on the opening schedule, which included games against everyone except Chelsea in last season’s top eight.
When the fans came back, Moyes added that I was glad we had 2,000 fans, but I wish there had been a lot more. I hope the West Ham supporters enjoyed it. We played very well, but the fact that we had just scored a goal may not have helped us through the game well enough to score the second goal.
Return of Premier League Kings – Statistics
- To date, Manchester United has earned more points with lost positions than any other team in the history of the Premier League (385).
- The men of Ole Gunnar Solsker won their first five away games for the first time since 1985-86.
- They are only the second team in the history of the Premier League to score two or more goals in a row in nine consecutive away games after Leeds United in April 2001.
- Manchester United’s three replacements – Rushford, Fernandez and Mata – were all directly involved in the goal. For them, this is the second time they’ve played in the Premier League.
- West Ham lost more points in 2020 than any other Premier League team (19 ). Manchester United scored the most points in this period (22).
- It was the fourth time West Ham had met Manchester United in a Premier League game and was the top of the table, but none of those games could be won.
- Since his debut in February, Bruno Fernandez has been directly involved in 36 goals in 38 matches in all Manchester United leagues (22 goals, 14 assists).
- His teammate Mason Greenwood has scored 20 goals in all leagues since the beginning of last season, twice as many as any other Premier League teenager.
What happens then?
Manchester United’s trip to RB Leipzig for the group final of the Champions League on Tuesday at 20:00 GMT. On Saturday (17:30) they will welcome their Derby rivals in Manchester City.
West Ham United leaves Friday (20:00) for Leeds United.
The actors of the game
Bruno Fernandez Bruno Fernandez
West Ham United
- Team number20 Player NameBowen
- Team number28Player nameBitches
- Squad number41 player gameRead more
- Team number3 Player nameCresswell
- Team number1 Player nameFabianski
- Team number26 Player nameMasuaku
- Team number18 Player nameFornels
- Team number21Player nameOgbonne
- Team number4 Name of playerBalbuen
- Team number9Player nameeBenrahm
- Team number 5 Name of player Koufal
- Team number10 Name of player Lanzini
- Team number31 Player name Johnson
- Team number22Player name Haller’s name
- 5 KoufalSubstitution of Johnsonat 85” minutes.
- 20BowenExchange for a 76’minute lancet
- 18FornelsReplacement for Benrach size 75 minutes
- 22 Floor
- 11Nitrate grass
Limited liability companies
- 29From Bissaca
- 2Lind phone
- 11Green tree
- 34wan from BicZameno to Bruno Fernandezat 45’minutes
- 9MartialSubstituted by Matat 62 minutes
- 7KavanisSwitch in Rashford 45 minutes away.
- 18 Bruno Fernandez
- 33 Williams
- 38 Tuanzebé
- Competition game, West Ham United 1, Manchester United 3.
- End of the second half, West Ham United 1, Manchester United 3.
- Attempted rescue. Said Benrahma (West Ham) shoots with his right mouse button and hits his opponent’s goal from outside the penalty area. With Sebastian Haller’s support.
- I missed a shot. Mason Greenwood (Manchester United) misses the left side of midfield. With the support of Bruno Fernand.
- Marcus Rushford, Manchester United is punished after committing an offence.
- Ben Johnson (West Ham United) hits a free kick on the right wing.
- Attempted rescue. A right click from West Ham’s Declan Rice, who was shot outside the penalty area, is stopped at the top of the goal. With the help of Sayid Benrachma.
- Attempted rescue. In the lower left corner you will see the right hand booklet of Manuel Lanzini (West Ham United) from outside the penalty area.
- Alternative, West Ham United. Ben Johnson replaces Vladimir Kufal.
- Corner, West Ham United. Covered by Dean Henderson.
- Attempted rescue. In the lower right corner is the left punch of Aaron Kresswell (West Ham United) outside the box.
- Harry Maguire, Manchester United is punished after committing an offence.
- Sebastien Haller (West Ham United) wins with a penalty in the middle of the attack.
- I missed a shot. Mason Greenwood (Manchester United) missed the left side of the box. With the support of Bruno Fernand.
- Harry Maguire (Manchester United) won on the midfield of a penalty spot.
- Foul Sebastian Haller (West Ham United).
- I missed a shot. The right-handed shot from Benrahm (West Ham United) from the left side of the penalty area was too high. Use Angelo Augustonna to follow the corner.
- Corner, West Ham United. Designated by Alex Telles.
- Aim! West Ham United 1, Manchester United 3. Marcus Rashford (Manchester United) fires a right-turning shot from midfield to the opposing goal. Assistant Juan Mata with a passing ball after a short break.
- I missed a shot. Manchester United’s Mason Greenwood shot from close range from the center of the penalty area on the left leg, but missed on the left. With the support of Bruno Fernand.