Since January 2015 Crystal Palace has not defeated Tottenham in the Premier League.
Jose Mourinho refused to blame Hugo Lloris after wrongfully denying the victory of Tottenham leaders at Crystal Palace for Wednesday’s final for the highest place in Liverpool.
Harry Kane set the Spurs on their sixth win in seven league games with a 30-yard shot that would save Vicente Guayit.
But when Jeffrey Schlupp came home after Lloris, the World Cup winner in France, didn’t stop the free kick from Ebereki Eze, the palace caught up.
My goalkeeper is the best goalkeeper in the Premier League, so I would never criticize the best goalkeeper in the Premier League, period, said Mourinho.
If I have to blame someone, I have to blame myself, the team. Those who win, the draw and those who lose.
During the break, I told the players the opposite of what we did in the latter half, but if they didn’t, it was because they couldn’t do it.
That’s because they couldn’t. In exchange, I give the palace the honor…
The Spanish Huayta kept his tracks at three excellent stops to challenge Tangi Ndombele, Sergio Regulon and Kane before he was caught by the English captain in a long swing attempt.
But Palace, which made Eze shake the bar, rightfully levelled it for the dramatic end, where the traces of deputy Ben Davis hit the crossbar, while Guaita parade a spectacular rescue so as not to be hit by Eric Dier’s free kick.
Tracks disappointed by the Huayta
Tottenham is 22 years old. The 2020-21 competitive race seemed to take place as they approached their biggest test of the season in the middle of the week.
But Jose Mourinho was disappointed by Gueta, whose rejection of Dierre was one of the best Premier League stops of the season.
The Animal Plateau seemed to be heading towards the gate until the palace guard rushed to his line to distract them with one hand.
Despite the fact that their undefeated competition will last up to 11 games, the guests will feel that they are two points short.
In a hard-won London derby, they turned to the team at the top of the table. Guaita came down to deny Ndombele up close before reversing Reguilon’s attempt and stopping Kane’s head in the first minutes of the first half.
Kane’s goal in the ninth division was a gift after another assistant of Seon Heung Min, Gueita, misjudged his shot and could not do what the usual lifeline would have done.
The Palais reacted well, but seemed ready to end the match without reward for their efforts, until Schluppe himself attacked after Lloris’ mistake – the first goal scored by traces in the Premier League since early November.
Traces of players who cannot complete the game plan – Jose Mourinho.
Cold point for taste control
It was a well-deserved point for Palace, which marked the fans’ return to Selhurst Park with a brave and characterful performance.
Even before he fell behind, Wilfried Zaha Lloris made a good save, while just before the break he beat the impressive Eze Spur-Guard as he tried to hit the poles.
Le Palace had a total of 16 attempts, five of which made it to the finish, while boss Roy Hodgson said the second half of his team’s performance was of the highest quality.
Christian Beneke, who had scored twice in the previous game in a 5-1 victory over West Bohemia, had two chances to go home before Shlup went out to celebrate it with his fans in a 1-1 victory.
Huayta was finally rescued to deny Dierre the roof. He won’t want to see Kane’s goal again, but the goalkeeper bounced back and made a series of impressive saves when Spurs threatened.
Roy Hodgson is grateful to goalie Guayte for saving the Eagles.
The fans were great – what they said.
The Crystal Palace groundskeeper, Roy Hodgson: We threatened to make an arrangement; it was quite late, but it was a terrible joy, and I thought we deserved it.
There were a lot of followers. I told the players it’s not about what they can give us, it’s about what we can give them.
They stayed behind us and enjoyed it, and fortunately we took them with us one day.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho: We can look at it from two different angles. We had a point more than three hours ago, but at the same time you play for three points.
Looking at the game, I’d split the first half where it looks like we need to win, so we lost two points – but then 30 minutes in the second half where they earn the equaliser and you take it because it’s fair.
We could have won in the last 15 minutes.
Undefeated leakage continues – Statistics
- Despite losing the lead in the second half, Spurs are unbeaten in the last nine away games of the Premier League (W5 D4), the longest since April 2018 (also nine).
- Harry Kane’s duo Spurs and Seon Heung Min have scored 12 Premier League goals this season – only Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton were together in a competitive season in 1994-95 (13).
- After a 1-1 draw in both games in 2020, Crystal Palace escaped defeat of Spur in consecutive Premier League games for the first time since the 2014-15 season.
- Spurs lost only one of their 21 Premier League matches under Jose Mourinho (W15 D5), with that one defeat for the people in March.
- Since the first game of Jose Mourinho in charge of the Spurs, Harry Kane has been directly involved in more goals in all leagues than any other Premier League player (43 – 29 goals, 14 assists).
- Crystal Palace midfielder Jeffrey Slupp has scored one goal each in the last two Premier League matches against Spur.
- Striker Harry Kane scored five goals in seven Premier League away games at Selhurst Park, which together with Germaine Default is the biggest achievement of all players on the field against Crystal Palace.
What happens then?
On Wednesday (20:00 GMT) Prime Minister Leagueur and the Palace will tour London to meet West Ham, while the Spurs are also in show business in Liverpool.
The actors of the game
- Team number31 Name of the player suite
- Team number25 Player nameEze
- Team number15 Name of the player
- Team number11 Player nameSachah
- Team number20Player nameBenteke
- Team number24 Player nameCharill
- Unit 3 Researcher Namevan Anholt
- Team number18 Player nameMacArthur
- Team number17 Name of playerKline
- Name of the player on team number 4 : Milivojevic.
- Team number8 Name of the playerKuyati
- Team number44 Player nameRiedewald
- Team number10 Player nameTownsend
- 31 width
- 3 by Anholt
- 4 Miliwojewitschi Per 20 min Exchange by Ridewaldat 73′ minutes
- 25EzeSubstituted forTownsendat 89’minutes
- 2 district
- 10End of the city
- 4 Elderly parents
- 3ReguilónSubstituted byDavies at 84’minutes
- 17SissokoReserved at 38min.
- 23BergwineReplaced by Alliat 85’minutes
- 28NombeleReplacement by Lo Celsoat 67’s
- 7 Seong-Heun-min
- 18Lo Celso
- 27Lukas Mura
The arbitrator: Kevin Friend
- Last games, Crystal Palace 1, Tottenham Hotspur 1.
- The second half ends, Crystal Palace 1, Tottenham Hotspur 1.
- Giovanni Lo Selso (Tottenham Hotspur) hits his free kick on the right wing.
- Foul Wilfried Zach (Crystal Palace).
- Corner, Tottenham Hotspur. Thank you on behalf of Christian Benteke.
- Corner, Tottenham Hotspur. Designated by Vicente Guita.
- Attempted rescue. In the top left corner there is a picture of the right book of Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur) on the outside of the box.
- Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur) hits a free kick in the other half.
- Error on Sheikhu Quyate (Crystal Palace).
- Pierre-Emile Højbjerg (Tottenham Hotspur) won in midfield with a penalty.
- Andros Townsend (Crystal Palace) will be punished after committing an offence.
- Moussa Sissoko (Tottenham Hotspur) wins with a penalty in the defensive half.
- Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace) is punished after committing an offence.
- Relief, Crystal Palace. Andros Townsend takes over for Ebereki Eze.
- Offside, Crystal Palace. Jair Riedewald tried to give a cross, but Wilfried Zahah went ahead and hit the ball into an offside position.
- Giovani Lo Celso (Tottenham Hotspur) won in midfield with a penalty kick.
- Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace) is punished after committing an offence.
- Giovanni Lo Selso (Tottenham Hotspur) is punished after committing an offence.
- James MacArthur (Crystal Palace) successfully converted a free kick in midfield.
- Attempted rescue. Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane’s header from the centre of the field is kept in the centre of the goal. With the help of Serge Orye.
Day bench game